Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gear Dreams. . .


Location:E 17th St,New York,United States




EDIT: So, I pretty much had this LOOOOONG list of stuff that I wanted to see manifest in my gear, but my phone crashed. . . that's why I shouldn't blog anything heavy on my iPhone.

Speaking of iPhone, here's 2 lists. . . a list of features I'd like to see, and a list of apps that I want.

FEATURES:
-Native Bluetooth Keyboard support
-AVCRP Bluetooth Support
-MAC OS X Screensharing Compatibility
-AT&T Tethering

APPS:
-App-Store Approved NES/SNES Emulation (FINALLY! I CAN BEAT EARTHBOUND!!)
-Delivery.com app
-NATIVE GoogleDocs editing (with local storage/ability to sync)
-CELTX app with in-app writing Editing of scripts
-NETFLIX Streaming App

I know that most of these are available for people who Jailbreak. . . but I don't WANT to jailbreak. I want to be able to use my phone the way I want, without having to fear for my warranty. That's not really a political stance, it's just some features that I REALLY want.


Here's a brief list of features that will make me buy a NEW Macbook Pro
-USB 3.0
-Expresscard Slot on Laptops <17"
-ESATA
-SDXC Card Slot


I can't even TELL you how much I have Firewire. Having 3 different types of storage ports on the back of my iMac is ugly, and I have to make some really weird chaining choices. . . I'd GLADLY trade my 400 AND 800 port for half a dozen USB 3.0 ports.




Also, I've been thinking about getting a hackintosh as a second/ portable computer, specifically the Dell Mini 10v for Snow Leopard & FCP 7.

The biggest hold-up i've had to upgrading to FCP 7 is the fact that I like to edit on trains. It sounds weird, but I do some of my best assemblies on the subway. But there's NO WAY that i'm going to bring my primary machine out of the house when I don't have to: I will get robbed eventually. So, instead of carrying a MBP everywhere, I've been carrying around a 12" G4 Powerbook with FCP 6. . . and it has ROUGHLY the same specs as the Mini10v.


Anybody had any success? Let me know. . .

Here's some neat links. Enjoy.

http://www.hackintoshlaptop.com/why-did-i-choose-the-dell-mini-10v-as-my-hackintosh-laptop/
http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm
http://www.cwol.com/firewire/firewire-vs-usb.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRlOAXnlbA


~Mike

No comments: